Please only apply to the Fine Arts Center if you can commit to following the application and audition instructions, checking your email and your Backpack account regularly, and showing up to your audition time if you are offered an audition.
In order to receive an audition with us, you must be a student in good standing at your school. We will look at your discipline record and grades to ensure that you will be a successful student in the rigorous, independent learning environment of the FAC.
*Students who will not be attending a GCS High School next year - Charter School, Home School, Private School, Virtual School - you are responsible for confirming that your class schedule will not conflict with the FAC schedule. We will not allow students to leave FAC early or arrive at the FAC late due to your school's class schedule. Please ensure that there are no conflicts before applying to the FAC.
- Visit the website of the program or programs that you are interested in (see list below). Watch the introductory video and carefully go over the audition timeline and requirements. You may audition for more than one program (three programs, maximum) but will need to choose only one program if you receive multiple offers.
- Click the following link to take you to the GCS Backpack login page - https://gcsbackpack.com/signin.aspx.
- GCS students - use your normal Student Backpack Login.
- Non-GCS students - one of your parents will need to create a new Backpack account and add your information to it. Once they have created a Parent Backpack account, you will then complete the application through your Parent Backpack account.
- Note for Out-of-County Students: Out-of-county students are required to pay tuition to the Greenville County Schools to attend the Fine Arts Center.
- Once logged in, click on “Programs” on the menu on the left side of the page. Next, select “Apply to a Program” and click “Apply” next to Fine Arts Center. The application will be available from November 19, 2022 through January 27, 2023. The application closes promptly at 11:59 p.m. No extensions will be offered.
- Obtain a recommendation - an arts teacher, usually someone who has worked closely with you, will be sent an email with a link to complete the online recommendation portion of the application.
- Please let your recommender know that the email with the link will be sent to them after the application closes on January 27.
- Out-of-county, private, home, and charter school students will need to have their school or home school association send a copy of grades to the Fine Arts Center, attn: Gloria Collins or email Ms. Collins at email@example.com.
- Carefully follow the audition requirements. Does your program require a pre-screening? What do you need to prepare for your audition?
- Communication is essential - check your email regularly and follow the audition timeline.
- If you decide to not to audition after you have applied, please notify us.
- Be on time for your scheduled audition. Dress professionally.
- No audition extensions or reauditions will be entertained.